Tuesday, December 07, 2004

OT: I loved King-of-the-hill

Not the TV show, although I liked it, too.

I am slowly refining the subject matter of this blog. I am trying to cover such topics as Gangwondo, Yangyang, myself and maybe, eventually, my Korean language studies. I find it a struggle motivation-wise, to read up on and discuss Korean politics so this foray in the field is a little off-topic.

When I was a child, I loved to play King-of-the-hill on snowbanks around my home or school. If you fell, you just slid down the snow. We also played keep-away and other roughhousing games. I know I am not the first to say this about politics and Korean politics in particular but it does remind me of my childhood.

The picture below is from the joongang daily.

king-of-the-chair Posted by Hello

The caption makes it even better: Lawmakers of the governing Uri Party yesterday lifting Grand National Party assemblyman Choi Yeon-hee, the chairman of the Legislation and Judiciary Committee, from his seat. Whoever occupies the chairman's seat has the right to preside over the committee, which is deciding the fate of the National Security Law. [YONHAP]

...Whoever occupies the chairman's seat, has the right to preside over the committee...
...
...

Okay, I'm back. My boss was in her chair so I can't be boss today. I need to go back up and see if I can give myself a raise the next time she leaves to use the bathroom or some such. What if a tourist or reporter jumped into the seat? What if a foreigner managed to sit there (I'm back to talking about the chairmans' seat, not my boss' seat)?

No comments: