Friday, May 26, 2006

Flowers in the field are so lovely

I don't normally comment on the funny english I see here in Korea. I once told students that I saw many 'am' (암) on the weekend. They very kindly explained that 'am' meant cancer and they had no idea what I was talking about (I had meant hermitage or 'attached temple' - I think I was talking about the hermitages near haeinsa in particular). Make a few mistakes like that and you learn to forgive other's mistakes.

Besides, there is nothing really wrong with this package. Maybe it is only dirty old men or childish men (is there a difference?) who would wonder where you should apply 'Booby Band' to on your body and if men should use it at all.


My plan for the rest of the month is to use 'Flowers in the fields are so lovely' as a euphemism describing the sight of low cut dresses and the like. After all, Spring is Booby season.
The bear does seem to in on some kind of joke. I don't think he'll be upset.

Skindleshanks has his own comments on the brandname.

No comments: