Thursday, June 15, 2006

A beautiful day -finally

Today, the mountains were so close and clear, they seemed to loom over the city. The sun was out and my classes finished yesterday. It was a great day in Sokcho!

In the afternoon I got some swimming in. The water was cold at first but I acclimated and tried to bodysurf. The waves were coming to shore at an angle and the surfing was almost impossible. The waves bouncing off shore met the incoming ones at nearly right angles and in the chaos of moving water, I was tossed around like a 2oo pound toothpick. This evening, I had no need for salt in my food.

I guess there's no special message in this post; I hope everyone had a good day, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a really beautiful picture, there, Brian! It looks like things have greened up considerably since my bus trip through the mountains to Naksansa, where I had the pleasure of being given one of your knowledgable tours.