Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Driving from Pusan to Paris? Coming soon.

On my way home yesterday, I saw a sign just north of Yangyang describing the road as 'Asian Highway (AH6) and listing five countries it leads to: Korea, Russia, Kazakstan, and others.

I will take a picture soon when I pass it in good light (it's pretty dark after six these days).

I have on this blog suggested that Korean businesses and government don't always plan ahead. Clearly, the civil engineers here are looking forward quite optimistically, considering that the sign went up a week after the Norks tested their nuke.

1 comment:

skindleshanks said...

One route that is very possible right now is to put your car on the ferry in Sokcho, get off near Vladivostok, and drive for a month or two until you find yourself in front of the Eiffel tower. Something I'd love to have done before I got married . . .