Thursday, June 21, 2007

Jeju trip

I just spent four days and three nights in Jeju Special Self-Governing Province (On the island, you will never see a simple 'Jeju Province') with Kwandongmom and KwandongAlex.

We visited a few tourist sites and mostly just relaxed - the little guy hates carseats so every drive included almost constant wailing. I showed K'mom what I thought typified Jeju - a few craters, a cave, a village of traditional homes and a few beaches.

Everything revolved around the little guy. We rode a horse and camel - two things I would have avoided were it not for him. For other big-footed foreigners - bring narrow shoes if you plan to ride: I couldn't fit my water-sandals in the stirrups and rode with only my toes holding my weight.

The little guy was a babe magnet: well, a middle school girl magnet. They would surround him without care for how they overwhelmed and terrified him.

I will post more later.

2 comments:

gordsellar said...

That has got to be the tidiest, cleanest-looking camel I've ever seen!

kwandongbrian said...

Yeah, I guess.
I was a little surprised to see a camel at an aquarium.