Saturday, January 19, 2008

Treehouse on Lake Muskoka

Here is a pretty cool treehouse I found online and it is to be found somewhere near my hometown of Bracebridge.

From the site:
Posing as a Japanese lantern on stilts, Kos’ creation floats within the fir trees on Lake Muskoka, Ontario.

What’s more, the design frames spectacular views of the forest, from inside, out, down and up!


Now, I think it is a cool design but homes near Lake Muskoka generally have a view of the lake rather than the forest. I wonder if this treehouse does have a view of the lake but that view wasn't photographed: trees are pretty interchangable but I suspect that I could identify the location (or huge swaths of where it isn't) if I saw some shoreline.

Some day I will own my own house and I have been wondering what I would want it to look like. I have matured enough to no longer want the largest house possible although not enough to cancel my plans for a fireman's pole (to descend from the second floor to the first, not for dancing, you pervert!)

HT to Freshhome and Clicked. (Do I need to hat tip blogs with thousands more readers than I have?)

No comments: