Thursday, May 22, 2008

Korea's Edison

I am not talking about the owner of the Edison Chamsori Museum in Gangneung - I don't care for him much, but the museum is pretty good.

No, I'm talking about Nam Jong-hyun.

Why do I consider him Korea's Edison? Well, Edison said, "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. " (link, as if it's needed). Mr Nam found 807 ways that didn't work before his great invention, the one that earned him, " the highest-class industrial award on this year's Invention Day." (Korea Times, as are further quotes). Let's keep the suspense up by not naming his invention just yet.

Invention Day "was established after the same date in 1441, when King Sejong announced the invention of the world's first rain gauge."

Alright, his invention? Dawn 808. It is a hangover cure. King Sejong would be proud.

I'm sorry, it is not merely a hangover cure:
Nam's invention not only covers hangovers and lack of stamina. The renowned inventor has domestic and international patents in various fields from cures for burns to a hair-restorer.


Let me join commenter Jimbo2 in wondering if he sells it from a covered wagon outside of Dogpatch.

No comments: