Saturday, August 16, 2008

Done

I am typing this while waiting for a coworker to pick me up and drive to Gangneung so the post could end suddenly.

This was my seventh time working the GLPS camp at Minjok Sagwan High School but still I learned a great deal while also teaching a great deal.

Not related to academics, I am proud to announce that I managed to run 89 km in the past month on the track here. I still have a little time to try for 100 km in a single month.

This is the first time I was involved with the debate program. I am not sure if I want to be more involved but it was interesting for a short time. I judged teh group with the lowest level of English. The manager did a great job of introducing debate in a foreign language but the student's low level meant that there wasn't a lot of variety. I listened to three debates yesterday and three today, all on the same two subjects and employing the same six arguments each. I'm a lttle tired.

This has been the rainiest camp ever.

More later.

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kwandongbrian said...

I received a comment from Steve: he included his email address and I have decided to adjust the syntax "@" to "(at)" and "." to "(dot)".

I'm starting a magazine about things happening all over Korea, but I'm having a lot of trouble getting information about what foreigners could do in September in Gangwon-do. Let me know if you can help out.

stephenrevere(at)10magazine(dot)asia

Souljourner said...

Does Minjok-sagwan high school have a website? I googled them and navered them and couldn't find one.

Can you help?

kwandongbrian said...

There is a website specific to the camp they run, at:
http://glps.co.kr/

Minjok's own site, which I found listed at the bottom of the GLPS site, is:
http://www.minjok.hs.kr/