Wednesday, May 20, 2009

It looks like Dano is next week

I often find out about various events just before or as they occur in Korea.  The Herald used to do travel reporting on festivals that were concurrent with the festival - not much time to make plans to attend.

Well, I am giving four days notice.  Dano festival starts on May 24th and run to the 31st.

This is Gangneung's biggest event.  Gangneung City Hall ran a tour for local foreigners last year and here are my posts (1, 2, 3).  City Hall actually ran two tours for foreigners, one for those living locally and one for those living further away.  The former tour was good and I learned a lot about the culture and history behind the event - and had a good time.  A coworker who didn't live in Gangneung last year took the latter tour and found it poorly organized and was unhappy with the whole thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm from Chuncheon and the tour was a bit disorganized this year but for the most part it was really excellent, I had a great time! Thinking about going back on Sunday to spend more time exploring the markets.