Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Give the kid a break

I'm not really in a blogging mood these days but will return to regular posting....sometime.

For now, I'm really feeling sympathy for Pak Tae-hwan, who is being questioned everywhere (see reports in the Herald, the Times, the Joongang and the Donga).

I need to read more before commenting knowledgeably, but, at his level of competition, you cannot swim fast at every meet. In preparing for a best time, you need to take one to two months to reduce your workload and recover from training. That's one to two months you are not increasing your fitness level, one to two months that competitors might be increasing theirs.

I've questioned his coach-hopping, and I see that now in the news reports but need to sit down to them before commenting further today.

Best of luck to him in the 1500!

No comments: