Sunday, November 29, 2009

Watching Coast Guard ships leave harbour

I drove KwandongWife to work today and after dropping her off, K'Alex and I walked on a pier to look around.  We didn't walk up to the lighthouse as K'Alex feared it would be too cold.  He did get cold, even on the route we ended up taking, so I guess he was right.


Clearly, this is not a Coast guard boat, but I found it interesting due to the tree branch on the forward mast.  Soon after, another boat with a similar branch entered the harbour (this one was leaving).  I don't know if it was the same boat, but that would be weird; returning so quickly.



A few coasties on this boat waved back to us, making the little guy's day.



This much smaller boat also headed out and was followed by an all-white boat, the Mu-gung-hwa 20, out of Pusan.



It looks official and the boats on the back look a little like the SAR boats the coasties carry.  I wondered if it were a training vessel or something.  This site claims it is a fishing boat (scroll down - I highlighted it, if you are interested).



I think this is a hazardous waste collection and recovery boat.  I saw it or a similar one a few months ago and there is a floating boom or line to contain oil spills on the back.

Again, the little guy was cold by the time we left, but we had a good time.

No comments: