Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Job posting for Kwandong U

From Dave's ESL Cafe:

Kwandong University is looking for qualified candidates for Full-time Professors and Visiting Professors who will join KDU's English programs from March 2010.

Kwandong University is located in Gangneung City, which is on the northeastern coast of South Korea. Founded in 1954 based on the Christian Faith, it has an enrollment of 10,000 students. The campus is set in a beautiful area, surrounded by forest of pine trees. 
To learn more about Kwandong University and Gangneung city, visit : http://www.kwandong.ac.kr/http://eng.gangneung.go.kr/

The successful applicant will teach credit university English classes, as well as non-credit university classes and children's English program. ...


The listing offers a pay scale for those with a Master's degree and those with a 4-year degree, but the job is essentially the same.

I have some problems I could nitpick about, but I have been at Kwandong for seven years and plan to stay longer; I am more than satisfied.  I have to admit, though, that I have not looked at other job postings in the past seven years, so other places may offer better deals.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want this job!! I miss Gangneung! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP! - Martin ^^

PAKA said...

What can we do? Our jobs aren't secure.

kwandongbrian said...

Our liaison at work told me that if you do you job properly and have good student evaluations, your job is secure. The liaison told me that with a straight face, so I couldn't argue.